Email Reminders Add-on allows you to Send Automated Emails to members when certain events are about to, or have already happened (e.g. Subscription Expires, Last Login, Subscription Activation).
This is one of the most efficient ways to increase signup rates and improve member retention for your membership site.
Install the Email Reminders Add-on
Email Reminders is a Basic add-on, available with a Paid Member Subscriptions Hobbyist or Pro license only.
After purchasing the add-on, the .zip file will be available for download under your account page by clicking the “Add-ons Download” button.
Once downloaded, you can install the add-on as a normal WordPress plugin, by uploading the .zip file in your WordPress Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin.
Alternatively, you can install the Email Reminders add-on by extracting the folder found inside the archive and uploading the entire folder via FTP to your /wp-content/plugins folder found inside your WordPress install.
Email Reminders Add-on Settings
After you activate the Email Reminders Add-on go to Paid Member Subscriptions -> Email Reminders -> Add New to add your first Email Reminder.
After you click on the “Add New” button you will be able to setup your first Email Reminder.
Inside you can setup the Email Reminder Title and the Email Reminder Details:
- Trigger Event – Enter the trigger event for the Email Reminder
- Email Subject – The Email Reminder Subject. You can use the Available Tags
- Email Content – Enter the Email Reminder Content. You can use the Available Tags
- From Name and From Email – You can set the From Name and From Email in under General Email Options
- Subscription(s) – Select the Subscription(s) to which this Email Reminder should be sent to
- Status – Select the Email Reminder Status to Active or Inactive
Inside the Trigger Event we can setup the Time when the Event should be triggered (Hours, Days, Weeks, Months) and the Event Type. The Email Reminders can be scheduled to be automatically sent using a trigger event:
- after Member Sings Up (subscription active) – Can be used for Up-Selling, highlighting Premium Content
- after Member Abandons Signup (subscription pending) – Very efficient in increasing member signup rate
- before Subscription Expires – Used for Subscriptions which don’t Renew Automatically
- after Subscription Expires – Used for notifying the user about the new content that he is missing
- before Subscription Renews Automatically – To let the user know before he’s billed again
- since last login – Can be used to increase user engagement and retention
Here we setup the Email Subject of our Email Reminder. We can use the Available Tags.
Here we setup the Email Content of our Email Reminder. We can use the Available Tags.
Below is an example of how the Email Content could look like:
From Name and From Email
You can set the From Name and From Email in Paid Member Subscriptions -> Settings -> E-Mails.
After composing the Email Content you’ll be able to filter which members receive this Email Reminder based on their Subscription Plan. You can send the Email Reminder to all members by selecting the “All Subscriptions” option.
All the Subscription Plans created in Paid Member Subscriptions -> Subscription Plans will be displayed here.
In our case the “1 Hour after Member Abandons Signup (Subscription Pending)” Email Reminder will be sent to all the users that subscribed to our Subscription Plans but didn’t complete the payment.
Managing Email Reminders
Once you’ve created at least one Email Reminder you can review it from the Email Reminders screen. From there you can view, edit, or delete any of the existing Email Reminders and also change their status into Active/Inactive. Only “Active” Email Reminders will be sent when the trigger event is met.
Email Reminders Errors
Emails are not sent
All emails are managed by your server and if they are not sent to the user you should try to use a free SMTP plugin like Postman SMTP Mailer/Email Log. With this plugin you can send all your Email Notifications through the Gmail server.