Content Dripping Add-on allows you to create schedules for your content, making posts or categories available for your members only after a certain time has passed since they signed up for a subscription plan. Different people get access to different amounts of content based on how long they’ve been an active member.
Install the Content Dripping Add-on
Content Dripping is a Pro add-on, available with a Paid Member Subscriptions Pro license only.
After purchasing a premium version of Paid Member Subscriptions, the .zip file will be available for download under your account page by clicking the version Download button.
Once downloaded, you can install the premium version as a normal WordPress plugin, by uploading the .zip file in your WordPress Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin.
Alternatively, you can install the premium version by extracting the folder found inside the archive and uploading the entire folder via FTP to your /wp-content/plugins folder found inside your WordPress install.
Content Dripping Settings
After you activate the Content Dripping add-on go to Paid Member Subscriptions -> Content Drip Sets and click on the “Add New” button to add your first Content Drip Set.
Inside the Content Drip set we can setup:
- Name – The name of our Content Drip Set
- Content Drip Set Details – We can choose the Subscription Plan and the Status of the Content Drip Set
- Content – We schedule our content added inside Posts, Pages, Custom Post Types including their Category or Taxonomy
Creating a Content Dripping Set
When creating a content drip set you are scheduling what content is available for a member with a certain subscription after a given period of time from their registration.
Users that are not registered or members that are not subscribed to the Subscription Plan associated with the Content Drip Set will never have access to the content added here.
Content Drip Set Details
A Content Dripping Set will have to be associated with a Subscription Plan in order to schedule the content. In our case we are scheduling the content based on the “Math Course Gold” Subscription Plan.
Content Drip Set Schedule
When scheduling the content used by the Content Drip Set we can combine multiple delay times, Custom Post Types and Taxonomies to essentially drip any type of content at any given time. The available options are:
- Delay – The time until the content will be available for the member based on the purchase date
- Post Type – Select the Post, Page or Custom Post Type of the Post / Taxonomy Terms or Category you wish to make available
- Type – Select whether the content you wish to make available is a List of Posts, Categories, Tags or Format
- Content – Select which Post, Category, Tag or Format you wish to make available for the rule
- To create the Taxonomies for our Pages, Posts or Custom Post Types (Page -> Courses, Post -> Special, Article -> Main Articles) we used the Custom Taxonomy Creator module available in the WordPress Creation Kit plugin
- To create the Custom Post Types (Article and Book) we used the Custom Post Type Creator module available in the WordPress Creation Kit plugin
Content Dripping in Association with Content Restriction
If certain posts, that you added inside a Content Dripping Set, are being restricted through other methods, for example with the use of the Content Restriction Meta Box or by using the Global Content Restriction add-on, they might not be made available to the member.
If a post is restricted to be displayed only to Members with a Gold Subscription Plan and this Post is also added in a Content Dripping Set that is associated with the Silver Subscription Plan, the member will never have access to it regardless of the delay time you have set.But if the post is restricted to be displayed to members with a Silver subscription, then it will be available to the member after the delay time has passed.
Display the Table of Contents
To make it easy for your Members to see what content is available and what content will be available in the future you can place a Table of Contents for any Content Dripping Set, that you have created, inside a page/post by using the [pms-cd-contents-table id=”#id_of_content_drip_set”] shortcode.
So for a member that has subscribed three days ago the Table of Contents would look like the screenshot below.
Paid Member Subscriptions Pro
Accept (recurring) payments, create subscription plans and restrict content on your website. Easily setup a WordPress membership site using Paid Member Subscriptions.Unlock PRO Features