Paid Member Subscriptions is a simple to use free WordPress membership plugin.
It gives you the possibility to accept payments, setup different membership levels, restrict content (posts, pages, custom post types) and allow users to login and manage their settings.
Installing Paid Member Subscriptions
Paid Member Subscriptions installs and is activated just like any other WordPress plugin.
Download the plugin zip file
After you download the plugin, you’ll be able to choose the way you install it:
- Unzip the archive and upload the plugin folder under the /wp-content/plugins directory
- Under the Plugins menu from your WordPress admin interface, choose Add New -> Upload -> browse and upload your .zip file and then just hit Install Now button
Activate Paid Member Subscriptions
After the installation completes, press Activate Plugin and the plugin will be ready for use.
The initial setup of the plugin consists of a few simple steps:
- Create pages with the available shortcodes
- Add your PayPal Email on the PMS -> Settings -> Payments page and setup the IPN URL in your PayPal Account
- Create Subscription Plans
- Restrict your premium content
After going through these steps you are ready to sell subscriptions.
When the plugin is activated for the first time, it will show the Setup Wizard page. The setup page helps you configure the plugin, having the ability to automatically create the membership pages and setting up the PayPal email address. Alongside this, some other useful settings will be presented.
You still need to create your Subscription Plans and setup the Content Restriction options, but the Setup Wizard will give you a nice head start.
The Basic Information tab gives you an overview of all the Paid Member Subscriptions features and how to best make use of them.
This is a quick start guide on how to create your front-end member registration, login and account management forms, restrict your content and generally get a birds eye view of the plugin capabilities.
Add Serial Number
If you purchased a Paid Member Subscriptions licence, go to the Paid Member Subscriptions -> Add-ons page to activate it. The licence will let you download updates released for the premium add-ons and also access premium support.