Conditional Logic Overview
Conditional Logic allows you to show or hide fields based on user input. This way the user registration or edit profile form fields will dynamically show or hide based on user selections.
Conditional Logic can be applied to a user field when creating a new field or editing an existing one.
Conditional Logic option is located under Profile Builder -> Manage Fields, in the Field Properties box.
- Conditional Logic applies only to front-end forms. In back-end it won’t hide any fields
- if a field is required but is hidden, with Conditional Logic, it will bypass the check for required fields on form submit
- in Multiple Forms, if you got a field with Conditinal Logic, you must add in that form all the fields present in option for that to work
- Default – Username, Default – E-mail and Default – Password fields don’t have Conditional Logic options
- Default – Username and Default – E-mail can be a part of Conditional Logic options in other fields
When setting up conditional logic for a certain field you can add rules based on the options below:
- Show / Hide – select what happens with the field when condition(s) returns true
- All / Any – all conditions must be true / at least one condition must be true
- is / is not – condition is true if the field value is or is not the value added in option
- + (plus) sign – add as many conditions as you like
Example of Adding Conditional Logic to a Field
Below we’ll focus on setting up a conditional Phone field, which will display only if certain user inputs are met.
- the Phone field that will show only if the Country is Australia and Sex is not M
- if user selects Australia as Country and F as Sex the Phone field will show, otherwise will be hidden from the form
Profile Builder Pro
Create beautiful front-end registration and profile forms with custom fields. Setup member directories, custom redirects, cutomize user emails & more using the all in one user management plugin.Unlock PRO Features