Profile Builder has been tested and is fully compatible with two third party plugins that allow you to Import or Export users in WordPress.
Until we finalize developing our built in Import / Export Users Add-on, we’ll be offering support for importing or exporting your users via these tools.
So if you’re looking for an easy way to Import / Export users from/into a .CSV file feel free to use the step by step guide below.
Importing Users from a .CSV file
- Download and install Import users from CSV with meta Add-on
- Using Profile Builder make sure to create all your desired Extra User Fields before you Import giving them the same meta names as the ones from the .CSV.
This way after the Import you will be able to Edit and Manage all the imported Custom User Fields via Profile Builder.
- The Import users from CSV with meta Add-on settings will be located under Tools -> Import users from CSV.
Choose if you want to update existing users, the role that new users will receive, if you want to update the role for existing users, your .CSV file, choose what should the plugin do with empty cells and also if you want to send emails, then click Start Importing.
* Each row in your .CSV file should represent a user; each column identifies user data or meta data.
* If a column name matches a field in the user table, data from this column is imported in that field; if not, data is imported in a user meta field with the name of the column.
*File must contain at least 2 columns: username and email. These should be the first two columns and it should be placed in this order: username and email. If there are more columns, this plugin will manage it automatically.
*Please, read carefully how passwords are managed and also take note about capitalization, this plugin is case sensitive.
Exporting Users to a .CSV file
- Download and install the Export User Data Add-on.
- Once activated the plugin settings will be located under Users -> Export Users Data.
You’ll be able to filter fields, select all fields or only some fields, set the format or even store your export options.
In the Advance Options tab you will be able to select if you want to export standard user fields, if you want to export a specific user role or all the roles and also to export based on registration date, a limit range or based updated since date.
- Click Run Export and you’re done.
Once you click the Run Export button, you’ll be prompted with a .CSV file containing all the user data and metadata selected including custom user fields created and managed with Profile Builder.