Login into Twitter Apps
First you will need to Login into your Twitter Account and then to access Twitter Apps.
Create New App
After you login inside your Twitter Account, and access Twitter Apps, you will need to click on “Create New App”.
Create an application
After you click on “Create New App” you will need to setup the Application. You will need to set the:
- Name – Your application name
Then please click the Next button.
Here you can see “API Key” and “API Secret Key”
To continue setting the application click on "App settings".
Next, you will need to enable OAuth.
Click “Edit” next to “Authentication settings”
After clicking edit, you need to enable “3-legged OAuth”
Also, you will need to set the:
- Callback URLs (required) – URL that contains the admin-ajax.php in it. Example: http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php
- Website URL (required) – https://www.yourdomain.com
- Organization name (optional)
- Organization URL (optional)
- Terms of service (optional)
Then click “Save”.
Do not request users email address manually
*This is an extra step* In order to receive the user’s email address, there are some additional steps that need to be done:
- Enable “Request email address from users”
- Add URL to Terms of service (required) – https://www.yourdomain.com
Then click “Save”.
Once the Application is created we can see all the details.
Application Keys and Access Tokens
Go to “Keys and Access Tokens” and click on “Regenerate”.
Copy your Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret).
Paste the Consumer Key / Secret
After you copy the Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret) go to your website -> Dashboard -> Profile Builder -> Social Connect -> Enable Twitter Login and paste your Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret). Scroll to the bottom to Save.
Twitter Login in Front End
Social Login with Twitter should be available on WordPress Default and Profile Builder forms.