- 1 Login into Google Developers Console
- 2 Select a project
- 3 Create a project
- 4 Setup the project
- 5 Enable the API
- 6 Select the Google+ API
- 7 Create Credentials
- 8 Add Credentials to Project
- 9 Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID
- 10 Create Client ID
- 11 Client ID Credentials
- 12 Paste the Google+ Client ID
- 13 Google+ Login in Front End
Login into Google Developers Console
First you will need to Login into your Google Account and then to access the Google Developers Console.
Select a project
After you login and access the Google Developers Console click on “Select a project” Menu Item.
Create a project
After we click on “Select a project” Menu Item a popup will appear. We will need to click on the “+” sign to “Create a project”.
Setup the project
After we click on the “+” sign we will need to fill in the fields from the “New Project” popup. After finishing to setup the Project we will need to click on “Create”.
- Project name – Type in a name for your project
- Project ID – Optionally you can type in a project ID or you can use the generated one
- Accept the Terms of Service
Enable the API
After we create the App we need to enable the API. Go to the Dashboard and click on “Enable API”.
Select the Google+ API
After clicking on “Enable API” we will need to select the Google+ API, displayed under Social APIs.
To use the Google+ API we need to Create Credentials. Click on “Create credentials” to get started.
Add Credentials to Project
After clicking on “Create credentials” we will need to set the following options:
- Which API are you using? -> Google+ API
- What data will you be accessing? -> User data
After we finish setting up the options we need to click on “What credentials do I need?”.
Create an OAuth 2.0 client ID
After clicking on “What credentials do I need?” we will need to set the following options:
- Name – Add your own name
- Authorized redirect URIs – Add your website url – Example: http://www.yourdomain.com
To continue we need to click on “Create Client ID”.
Create Client ID
After clicking on “Create Client ID” we will need to set the following options:
- Email address – Select your Gmail address
- Product name shown to users – Set your own name
- Homepage URL – Optional
- Product logo URL – Optional
- Terms of services URL – Optional
To view the additional options click on “More customization options”. After you finish click on “Continue”.
Client ID Credentials
After clicking on “Continue” you will be prompted with your Client ID Credentials. You will need to copy the Client ID and click on “Done”.
You can later find the Client ID if you click on the “Credentials” Menu Item.
Paste the Google+ Client ID
After you copy the Google+ Client ID go to your website -> Dashboard -> Profile Builder -> Social Connect -> Enable Google+ Login and paste your Client ID. Scroll to the bottom to Save.
Google+ Login in Front End
Social Login with Google+ should be available on WordPress Default and Profile Builder forms.