Edit Profile Approved by Admin Add-on Extends the functionality of Profile Builder by allowing administrators to approve profile changes made by users on individual fields. Until the fields have been approved the old values will appear for everyone else.
Install the Edit Profile Approved by Admin Add-on
Edit Profile Approved by Admin is an Advanced add-on, available with a Profile Builder Basic or Pro license only.
After purchasing the add-on, the .zip file will be available for download under your account page by clicking the “Add-ons Download” button.
Once downloaded, you can install the add-on as a normal WordPress plugin, by uploading the .zip file in your WordPress Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin.
Alternatively, you can install the Edit Profile Approved by Admin add-on by extracting the folder found inside the archive and uploading the entire folder via FTP to your /wp-content/plugins folder found inside your WordPress install.
- Profile Builder Basic or Pro – version 2.9.2 or higher
Admin side Setup
After we activate the Edit Profile Approved by Admin Add-on we will see new options for our Fields:
By clicking the “Requires Admin Approval on Edit Profile” checkbox on the field you will enable the feature for that field, which means that any updates to that field will require and admin approval.
Fields that have “Requires Admin Approval on Edit Profile” enabled will have a check mark on the field list next to them.
After a user will update his profile and he has modified some fields that require admin approval, those fields will be marked accordingly (yellow background and a message under them) and also will be notified at the top of the form.
At the top of every edit profile form the following options will appear: “Show users that require review | Show reviewed users with unapproved fields (| Exit Review Mode)”
* By clicking the “Show users that require review” only users that have updated their profile but have not been reviewed yet will appear in the “User to edit” dropdown.
* By clicking the “Show reviewed users with unapproved fields” only users that have been reviewed but still have unapproved fields will appear in the “User to edit” dropdown.
In both of the above cases on the form all fields will appear, no matter the form.
*”Exit Review Mode” will appear only if we clicked one of the other links, and by clicking on it the edit profile form will return to it’s normal form.
After an administrator has selected a user that requires review he will see the fields that require review marked with a yellow background and under them a switch with two states: Unnaproved and Approved. By clicking the switch the field will be marked for Approval.
At the bottom of the form above the Update Button Two more button will appear: “Approve All” and “Finish Review and Send Notifications”
The “Approve All” button will set all switches to the Approved state.
Clicking the “Finish Review and Send Notifications” button all fields that were marked as “Approved” will be approved and an email notification will be sent to the user with details on what happened to his profile.
* The administrator of the site will receive a notification email when a user has updated his profile and has modified at least one field that requires approval.
* The user will receive a notification email after an admin has reviewed his profile and clicked the “Finish Review and Send Notifications”
Please keep in mind that only the following fields are supported by this add-on:
- Default – First Name – Used by the User to set up the first name
- Default – Last Name – Used by the User to set up the last name
- Default – Nickname – Used by the User to set up the nickname
- Default – E-mail – Used by the User to set up the email address
- Default – Website – Used by the User to add their website
- Default – Biographical Info – Used by the User to add their biographical info
- Default – Blog Details – Used by the User in the Registration page to create a new site
- Select (User Role) – Used by the User to choose his/hers User Role
- Input – Used by the User for custom information inputs
- Number – Used by the User to add numbers
- Textarea – Used by the User for consistent information
- WYSIWYG – Used by the User for adding and editing information with html
- Phone – Used by the User for adding a phone number
- Select – Used by the User to choose data from a predefined list
- Select (Multiple) – Used by the User to choose multiple selections from a predefined list
- Select (Country) – Used by the User to choose a Country
- Select (Timezone) – Used by the User to choose a Timezone
- Select (User Role) – Used by the User to choose a User Role
- Select (Currency) – Used by the User to choose a Currency
- Select (CPT) – Used by the User to select a Custom Post Type (Page, Post or Custom Post Type)
- Checkbox – Used by the User to check an option from a list
- Radio – Used by the User to select an option from a radio button group
- Upload – Used by the User to upload files
- Avatar Upload – Used by the User to upload an Avatar
- Datepicker – Used by the User to choose a Date
- Timepicker – Used by the User to choose the Time
- Colorpicker – Used by the User to choose a Color
- reCAPTCHA – Used by the Admin to protect against spam
- Map – Used by the User to pin his location
- Email – Used by the User to add an Email address
- URL – Used by the User to add a website URL