The right WooCommerce My Account customization plugin will make it a breeze to make all kinds of changes to your site’s My Account page. However, you also need to understand your specific needs and choose a plugin that fits those needs best.
With that said, let’s first understand the importance of using a WooCommerce ‘My Account’ page plugin on your store.
Why Does Your Site Need a WooCommerce ‘My Account’ Customization Plugin?
It’s very important for a WooCommerce store to offer customers a specific area of their own on the site. This is basically what you have in the form of a My Account page.
But being able to customize the WooCommerce My Account page is necessary as well. Here are some reasons for that:
- Every store needs different kinds of information from their customers, so they need flexibility and customization options;
- You may want to add, remove, or change certain information fields from time to time, which a WooCommerce My Account customization plugin allows you to do;
- Your users need to have the ability to manage their information on your WooCommerce site;
- A My Account customization plugin may also help you with other things too, like promoting your products better or customizing the design of your My Account page.
All in all, a WooCommerce My Account page plugin would help you offer a better user experience to your visitors.
Best WooCommerce ‘My Account’ Customization Plugins
Now that we have discussed the need for such a plugin, we are ready to review some of the best WooCommerce My Account customization plugins.
However, remember that the right plugin may very well come down to your specific needs. Some of the factors to consider include:
- Do you want a complete user management plugin that can also help you with other areas of user management or something only limited to the My Account page?
- Are you only concerned with the functionality or do you also want to have the ability to customize the design and style of the Account page?
- Are you looking to use the Account page to also promote your product pages or just want to make it a place where your users can manage their information?
- Do you want a plugin that offers full control over the Account page and lets you create a new one from scratch or a plugin that becomes a mere extension of WooCommerce’s My Account page?
Once you take these factors into consideration, choosing the best WooCommerce My Account plugin will get easy as we review the best ones below.
Profile Builder Pro is a complete user management plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce sites. It offers a wide range of user management features, apart from the WooCommerce Account customization.
But related to the My Account page on your WooCommerce site, it allows you to perform 4 functions specifically:
- Create a My Account page on your WooCommerce site in a few easy clicks;
- Use the WooCommerce Sync (Pro) add-on to add billing and shipping fields to the My Account page;
- Customize the My Account page fields, including the billing and shipping fields;
- Allow the users to modify their details by logging into their account on your site.
But first, you’ll need to have a login page too, of course. Your users need to be able to log into their accounts in order to manage their account details.
Profile Builder also lets you create a login page easily using a premade shortcode. This functionality is available in the free version as well.
However, the WooCommerce Sync add-on that adds billing and shipping fields (necessary for a WooCommerce store) is only available with the Pro versions. That said, the Pro version of Profile Builder would totally be worth it if you want a single solution to manage and control all aspects of your user management.
Here are some of the most important things it would help you with:
- Creating fully customized registration, login, account, and other pages;
- Restricting premium content and creating hidden categories on your WooCommerce store;
- Creating custom login redirects on your WooCommerce store;
- Building a functional member directory;
- Managing user roles on your store and setting up custom conditions for them;
- Customizing WooCommerce password strength requirements;
- Sending customized emails on important user actions like registration without modifying any code.
Coming back to the My Account page, you would easily be able to create a My Account page for the registered users on your store by simply copying the premade Profile Builder shortcode onto any page.
The shortcode for creating the My Account page is [wppb-edit-profile], and you can also find it under the Basic Information option under Profile Builder.
You can add, remove, or edit the fields of the My Account page any time you want. You can find all the fields under the Form Fields option under the Profile Builder menu on your WordPress dashboard.
Any changes you make here will automatically reflect on the My Account page.
Profile Builder takes the customization options further with its Labels Edit add-on. You can easily control all the labels that appear anywhere on your site, including the My Account page.
It would allow you to control what the users see as a response to the information they put into the fields.
Similarly, there’s the Placeholder Labels add-on as well. This add-on makes it very easy for the users to understand your form fields and input the right information into the right fields.
The WooCommerce Sync add-on is available with the Basic version of Profile Builder. But if you want to have all the advanced add-ons and use Profile Builder Pro on unlimited sites, you need to get the Pro plan. Both these paid versions come with a year of updates and support.
If you want something that’s only designed to be a WooCommerce My Account customization plugin, then the Customize My Account Page for WooCommerce plugin is a good choice.
Since this plugin is specifically designed to let you create and manage a customized My Account page on your WooCommerce site, it offers more functionality in that area.
You can not only create new fields, but also custom endpoints for your My Account page. You can also create links and groups.
In addition, it gives you full control over the design and looks of your My Account page. You can customize the design, style, colors, and more. There’s a live customizer functionality that lets you edit things and check the changes as you make them.
It also supports custom CSS if you know how to code and would like to make some advanced custom changes yourself.
The Customize My Account for WooCommerce plugin has a mid-range price point and is billed annually, but it does not offer other user management functionalities.
The YITH WooCommerce Customize My Account Page is one of the most popular WooCommerce My Account customization plugins. It not only offers pretty much all the customization options you need for your users’ My Account page, but also lets you use the My Account page to increase the conversion rate on your store.
This plugin allows you to promote your products on the My Account page as well. You can add promotional messages, coupon codes, discount codes, and more right on your users’ My Account page.
But that doesn’t take anything away from its core functionalities. You can customize pretty much every element of the Account page on your WooCommerce store.
Add as many custom menus as you want, edit existing ones, change the position of your tabs, add your own custom endpoints, and more. You can also customize the layouts and design.
It also comes with a modern design and integrates with many of the other WooCommerce plugins offered by YITH. As far as the pricing goes, this is another mid-range priced plugin and comes with one year of updates and support.
The SS WooCommerce Myaccount Ajax Tabs is another plugin specifically designed to customize the My Account page in WooCommerce. However, its unique feature is that it makes the tabs on the My Account page AJAX enabled. This goes a long way in improving the speed and loading time.
The tabs don’t even need a page refresh. The AJAX functionality makes them update in real-time.
If you have a large number of users, this plugin would turn out to be one of the better options. A faster loading time can enhance the overall user experience quite a bit, especially for large e-commerce sites which may otherwise struggle with loading times.
Coming to some of the core functionalities, you get quite a few features on that front too:
- This plugin is specifically focused around tab links;
- You can create unlimited tabs;
- You can also easily create submenus under the tabs;
- There are different layout options to choose from and multiple menus to make use of;
- Some pre-made designs make it easier for you to design the My Account page;
- You can also disable the AJAX functionality if you want.
This is one of the cheapest options you have for WooCommerce My Account customization.
The WooCommerce My Account Page Plugin is another simple but powerful WooCommerce My Account customization plugin. It has enough features to serve the customization needs of most WooCommerce store owners for their site’s My Account page.
You can create new endpoints, as well as group them in order to create a more personalized layout. More importantly, you can also create endpoints based on user roles.
If you want to use this plugin specifically for customizing the My Account page and Profile Builder for taking care of the rest of the user management tasks, this could be a very good combination. The latter would allow you to create new user roles, edit user roles, as well as customize existing user roles that you can later create custom endpoints for using WooCommerce My Account Page Plugin.
This plugin also allows you to edit the My Account page using the Gutenberg editor, which makes it very user-friendly. It also offers a fair bit of control over what’s displayed on the Account page for your users.
The design is customizable to a fair extent, the plugin supports the use of shortcodes, the endpoints can be used to add links to product pages on your store, and you also get multiple layout options.
While the price for this plugin is fairly low, it only covers 6 months of support. Their plan can be extended to a year by paying an extra fee.
Customizing Your WooCommerce My Account Page Is Now Easy!
Finally, except Profile Builder, all the other plugins are only limited to customizing the My Account page, and offer no other user management features. Furthermore, they are also mere extensions of the WooCommerce My Account page, instead of offering the ability to create a new one from scratch like Profile Builder Pro does.
Profile Builder Pro also comes with a wide range of other user management features we discussed above. And it’s always a good idea to use a single plugin for many related tasks than loading your site with tens of plugins for different specific tasks.
So try out Profile Builder Pro today, or give the free version a spin first. You won’t be disappointed!
Do you still have questions about the best plugins for WooCommerce “My Account” page customization? Let us know in the comments and we’ll try to help!
Subscribe to get early access
to new plugins, discounts and brief updates about what's new with Cozmoslabs!