Even though we released a few hot-fixes since v.1.1.6, it’s been a long time since we released a new big update for our ever-growing plugin…but wait no more, v.1.1.13 is finally here!
For those who just met up with WordPress, Profile Builder is WordPress registration done right; it lets you customize your website by adding a front-end menu for all your users, giving them a more flexible way to modify their user-information or to register new users.
Although we added a few new things (like 1 more custom redirect, and some usable parameters in the userlisting), the main feature we worked quite a lot on is redesigning the plugin’s functions from custom PHP functions to WordPress functions. This should solve a lot of the black avatar issues we read on the forums about.
We added the possibility to have a user defined meta-key name. When you add a new extra field you still get the custom_field_x default meta-name, but now you can change it according to your liking.
A few other useful things we added include filters (you can see a sum of them here), and a userslisting parameter [wppb-list-users visibility=”param”] where param can be: public (so that anyone can view the userlisting, even visitors not logged in), or restricted (only logged in users can see it).
A few things we would like to mention regarding this version:
- The .mo and .po files in any language other then English are most of the time out-of-date as these are supplied to us from our users. If you have a translation you made (or updated) and want to share it with the rest of the community, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This also regards any future updates of Profile Builder.
- Depending on the kind of update you make (automatic or manual) we saw that there were cases when the meta-names didn’t appear in the extra fields table. We built in a function to solve this, and to preserve the backwards compatibility with other versions of the plugin, but if you see some columns are missing (even though the column-heading is there), please make sure you deactivate and reactivate the plugin and see if that solved your issue.
There was a minor bug regarding the way one could insert html links into the “agree to terms and conditions” checkbox, which is now fixed with a proper text-display. Version 1.1.14 should be available for download.