Profile Builder and Paid Member Subscriptions are sending emails using the wp_mail() function which is a core function of WordPress. Usually, if the email is not being sent/received, then the issue is not with Profile Builder/ Paid Member Subscriptions, but with the core email function on your web host.
Check your email settings
If you’re experiencing problems with the emails, please check if the email with which you are encountering issues is enabled within the plugin settings.
Check if the emails are sent
If the emails are enabled but you are not receiving the emails, you can have issues with a spam blocker, which may have flagged your emails as spam and prevented them from being delivered. Installing a mail logging plugin can help us to check the issue.
Please Install and Activate the WP Mail Logging plugin on your website. It will add a log entry each time the wp_mail() WordPress function is called. Once the plugin is installed:
- Try to send the email with which you are having issues – For example, if you’re having issues with the “Default Registration” email, try registering a user to generate this email
- Go to WordPress Dashboard ➝ Wp Mail Logging ➝ Email Log
- Check that your test generated an email, and if there are any sending errors reported
After an email has been successfully sent, the Email log should look something like this:
If the email was sent, but not received, there are a few steps that can be taken:
- Install a SMTP plugin, you can install a SMTP plugin like WP Mail SMTP.
- You can have filters set up on the server that might block some outgoing emails please contact your web hosting provider and ask them if this is the case.
If the email is not displayed in the Email log screen please open a support ticket.
Profile Builder Pro
Create beautiful front-end registration and profile forms with custom fields. Setup member directories, custom redirects, cutomize user emails & more using the all in one user management plugin.Unlock PRO Features