This two-in-one add-on allows you to accept payments from your members via PayPal Payments Pro and PayPal Express Checkout.
- With PayPal Pro you can accept credit card payments directly on your website. Users will be able to pay without leaving your site, resulting in a better experience for the user, and more successful conversions for you
- When using PayPal Express, the user experience is very similar to PayPal Standard, plus it adds a layer of extra security
- Both gateways allow you to accept one time as well as recurring payments from your members
- PayPal Express Checkout (with Reference Transactions activated) allows Payments with Sign-up Fees and Free Trials
For this add-on to work as expected you’ll also need to have installed:
- Paid Member Subscriptions – version 1.5.0 or higher
- PayPal Business Account – Business accounts allow you to accept all payment types for low fees and to accept payment from customers without PayPal accounts. Business Accounts include all of the benefits of Standard or Premier accounts as well as other special features
- PayPal SSL Certificate Requirements – If you’re using PayPal Pro to process credit cards or PayPal Express, you must have an SSL certificate installed on your site. To avoid any disruption of service, you must verify that your systems are ready for this change by June 30th, 2017 – read more
Information & Requirements
Do I need an SSL certificate?
If you’re using PayPal Pro to process Credit Cards Payments or PayPal Express Checkout, you must have an SSL certificate installed on your site. See our documentation for how to add an SSL certificate on your WordPress site.
Which countries does this extension support?
|PayPal Product*||Countries where product is available|
|PayPal Payments Standard||All countries. Paid Member Subscriptions Free version comes with PayPal Standard built|
|PayPal Pro (Website Payments Pro)||US, UK, Canada|
|PayPal Express Checkout||All countries|
* PayPal Product Availability – Check other PayPal products availability or refer to PayPal offerings worldwide and visit your country-specific site to learn which products are available in your country
* PayPal Merchant Status – Check PayPal Planned Downtime
Features that are supported for each payment gateway?
Each payment gateway offers different features. The table below outlines which features are supported for PayPal Pro and PayPal Express Checkout.
You can view the supported features for all the payment gateways here.
|Payment Gateway||Recurring Payments||Sign-Up Fee||Free Trial|
|PayPal Pro (Website Payments Pro)||Yes||–||–|
|PayPal Express Checkout||Yes||–||–|
|PayPal Express Checkout (with Reference Transactions activated)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Find out more by reading this documentation for the Paid Member Subscriptions – PayPal Pro and Express Checkout Add-on.
For the latest features and fixes view the changelog.