WCK Frontend Posting gives you the possibility to create pages, posts and custom post types from the front end, and also edit them.
You can create a custom form for every post type by selecting from the most common post elements (Post Title, Post Content, Excerpt, Featured Image), the registered taxonomies for that post type and also any Meta Box created with WCK Custom Fields Creator (repeater or single).
WCK Frontend Posting Features:
- Create and edit posts/pages/custom posts directly from frontend.
- WYSIWYG editor.
- Anonymous posting and Admin approval.
- Easy usage of shortcodes.
- Quick access to Dashboard.
- Login/Logout/Register Widget.
- Taxonomies and Custom Fields to Form Fields.
A Frontend Posting form can have the following elements:
- Post Title, Post Content, Post Excerpt and Featured Image . You can select these by default and in the current version the label can’t be edited.
- any taxonomy that is attached to the post type.
- any metabox created with Custom Fields Creator that is attached to the post type. The metabox can have repeater fields or single entries and it can contain any custom form element ( even upload fields and wysiwyg editor )
The form creation process should go like this:
- Create a custom post type or choose one that already exists ( post, page ). If you want a new one you can use WCK’s Custom Post Type Creator for this.
- Create and attach to the post any custom taxonomies you want for the post type. You can use WCK’s Custom Taxonomy Creator for this.
- Create Metaboxes with custom fields for that post type using Custom Fields Creator. You can watch a tutorial on how to create metaboxes here: http://www.cozmoslabs.com/3747-wordpress-creation-kit-a-sparkling-new-custom-field-taxonomy-and-post-type-creator/#cfc-tutorial-video. The metaboxes can have any custom form field, from text inputs to upload fields and wysiwyg editors. They are made to hold any custom data you want attached to that post.
- Create a frontend form with Front End Posting for that post type. In the backend in the Form Fields section you will see that the Filed Type drop-down now also contains the Custom Taxonomies and the Custom Fields ( metaboxes created with Custom fields Creator ) for that post type.
Add New Front End Posting
For adding a new Front End Posting you must enter a title, complete the Form Setup and the Form Fields.
Here you must choose:
- Post Type: page, post or custom post.
- Anonymous Posting: by default, only the administrator(s) can post. By activating this option, basically you allow any user to post, without being logged in.
Users which are not logged in CANNOT UPLOAD!
- Admin Approval: if you activate this feature, any page/post/custom post created by anyone other than an admin will be saved as Draft.
- Shortcode Page: here you must choose the page where to paste the shortcode received for your frontend posting.
Each setting can be edited or deleted.
- Field Type: choose one from the default fields: Post Title, Content, Excerpt or Featured Image or from the existent Taxonomies or Meta Boxes.
- Each field may be Required or not.
After the setup, in the right side you will see a metabox, “Form Shortcode”. Copy and paste the shortcode in the desired page.
The shortcode looks like this: [fep form_name="frontendName"].
For a quick view of the dashboard, copy the following shortcode into a desired page: [fep-dashboard].
The quick-dashboard allows:
- Profile update.
- Editing/deletion of posts and pages.
Frontend Posting feature allows to create a login/logout/register login with the simple usage of a shortcode.
Just add [fep-lilo] on a page and you will see the FEP Login/Logout Widget in Appearance->Widgets.
After the widget is created, the page can be deleted without affecting the Widget.