Passwordless Login is a plugin that allows your users to login without a password. It’s as simple as installing it and adding a shortcode in a page or a widget.
- Instead of asking users for a password when they try to log in to your website, we simply ask them for their username or email
- The plugin creates a temporary authorization token and saves it in a WordPress user meta as well as an expiration time for 10 minutes
- Then we send the user an email with a link and the token
- The user clicks the link and sends the authorization code to your server
- The plugin then checks if the code is valid and creates the Log In WordPress cookie successfully authenticating the user
Find out more by reading this documentation for the Passwordless Login Plugin.